The first step will be to first get the correct type of interfacing that is wonderful for you kind of interfacing fabric. Mostly these instructions will likely be on the rear of the pattern envelope that you bought. When you are creating your own personal patterns at home, it will be wise to first test what interfacing will continue to work on the kind of fabric you happen to be using. You just want a small piece of fabric and measure a block, fuse the piece and measure it again to discover exactly what the different shrinkage was.
Now for me that is certainly doing sewing at home and as being a hobby I don’t have got a fusing press or fusing machine like other clothing manufactures have. I still have to use to old reliable way that worked for me.
The various tools which you would want will be the following:
3. Correct interfacing
I know others make use of more equipment having said that i have used this procedure for a long time and do not had any problems.
Steps to follow along with:
1. Cut out your patterns pieces of the material and interfacing. A lot of people will advise that you cutout you interfacing small compared to you interlining fabric supplier and once you steam iron it, it won’t adhere to your cloth or ironing board. That is up to you, you will know best how accurate you work.
2. Make sure before ironing the parts together that this glue dotted side are facing the wrong side of the fabric. This is certainly quite important part because if you iron the parts together and it’s the wrong sides it tough to remove the interfacing again, probably also depend upon the particular interfacing and glue.
3. Place a cloth within the parts and be sure you iron is hot. I discovered that steam doesn’t always work well and so i just use some steam setting on the iron. I make use of a cloth as being a fabbric iron can leave shiny marks on non woven fusible interfacing and you don’t want that.
4. When pressing the iron in addition to the cloth ensure that it stays for a couple seconds about the same spot before moving onto another section. I also do small sections at one time irrespective of how small the parts are.
5. After ironing the various components let it rest to cool down for a bit before utilizing it to go on sewing your garment. I think it is better to fuse all the interfacing parts before going ahead and start sewing the garment.